The bike I will be taking a 2002 BMW R1150 GS Adventure with the following modifications:
- Ohlins suspension to withstand the terrain with a fully loaded bike.
- Remus exhaust.
- Hardwired Garmin 60csx
- GPS unit.
- Rich’s custom leather seat.
- Touratech aluminum pannier system.
- Touratech tank saddlebags
- Various protective bolt-on items.
- Rukka All-Road riding suit.
- Sidi Crossfire boots.
- Aerostitch electric vest.
- Arai XD-3 helmet.
- BMW riding gloves.
The majority of camping gear came through the generous help of Seattle’s Cascade Design.
- MSR Whisperlite camp stove
- MSR Hubba-Hubba HP tent
- Seal Line waterproof duffles (2)
- Seal Line Computer Sleeve
- Seal Line Storm Sacks (various sizes)
- Thermarest Prolite mattress
- ..... and more
The crew at Seattle’s ExOfficio generously outfitted me with some of their tried-and-true expedition gear: convertible pants and shirts treated with insect repellent and sun guard.