Wednesday, March 18, 2009

California, part 1








I left Crescent City, CA and drove down the 101 in the long awaited sun, and started shedding the layers.  When I took the turn-off to catch Hwy 1, I started putting the layers back on. Still a beautiful day, and the road was all mine - and the high floating Turkey Vultures above me. Not an RV in sight!

I rode into San Francisco and made my way to Los Gatos, east of Santa Cruz. Kai, a patient of mine, had invited me to stay at his home (he recently relocated from Seattle).  Brad and Kai took great care of me with their excellent cooking and fine Rioja (I owe you guys a bottle of Malbec down south, but you have to come and  get it!) I really appreciated their hospitality and friendship. Staying in their Eichler designed home was a real bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment